Some key features and improvements in this release:
1. Supported carbon as Spark datasource using Spark's
2. Improved compression and performance of non dictionary columns by
applying an adaptive encoding to them,
3. Supported MAP datatype in carbon.
4. Supported ZSTD compression for carbondata files.
5. Supported C++ interfaces to read carbon through SDK API.
6. Supported CLI tool for data summary and debug purpose.
7. Supported BYTE and FLOAT datatypes in carbon.
8. Limited min/max for large text by introducing a configurable limit to
avoid file size bloat up.
9. Introduced multithread write API in SDK to speed up loading and query
10. Supported min/max stats for stream row format to improve query
11. Many Bug fixes and stabilized carbondata.
> Please vote on releasing this package as Apache CarbonData 1.5.0, The
> will be open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of
> at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache CarbonData 1.5.0
> [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
> [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...